Saturday, January 19, 2008

Sunday, Jan 13 2008

So, Judd already writes these nice Sunday e-mails to his family, so I figured I
would just edit them a little bit to be posted for all to see, and then let
all of you read it so you would know weekly what's going on in our lives....
If you care of course!! :)


Subject: Poor Marshall

Dear Family & Friends,

On Monday, it was back to school for Mariah. Jayden also started up a new
sports class. The sport de jour happened to be kickball. Marshall wasn't too
happy that he did not get to participate. For FHE, we went to Home Depot and got
a tree for our front yard.
Tuesday, the boys went to be babysat while Meridith
went and helped out in Mariah's classroom. Meridith found a new person to swap
babysitting with for this purpose which is why it is making the headlines this
week.

Marshall was forced to quit the pacifier cold turkey when he bit
through our last one. It was a bit of a rough night, but each night has gotten a
bit easier.

Friday, Marshall woke up pretty unhappy from his nap. It might have been
because he was minus a pacifier, but Meridith thought it looked like his shoulder
was hurting him. He was still favoring it, so Meridith took him in to the doctor
and it looks like when Jayden
jumped on him last week he broke his collar bone. The doctor gave him a figure 8
brace that he wears under his shirt and helps keep things positioned right.
That's about all you can do for broken collar bones, but Meridith took him
in to have x-rays for confirmation anyway. And yep, its broken. So perhaps now
wasn't the best time to wean him on the pacifier, but at this point it would
probably be more
traumatic to give it back so we will just move forward. Marshall is being quite
the trooper.
Saturday, Meridith and I spent most the day replacing the gravel in our front
yard. Meridith mistakenly chose some that wasn't on the HOA's list of approved
colors. I thought it looked very nice, but I guess my opinion doesn't count for
much. I guess all those summers of moving rocks around our yard growing up for
reasons I didn't fully understand prepared me for this moment. It was hard work,
but I guess was a good way to work off some of those holiday pounds and at least
it wasn't the middle of summer. We also took down our Christmas lights.
Today Meridith enjoyed going to choir practice
for the first time in weeks. She has been disappointed the last couple weeks
when it hasn't been held.

Love,
Judd, Meridith, Mariah, Jayden, and Marshall

5 comments:

Brenda said...

Very cool! Keep it coming! It's fun to see what you all have been up to.

It's so nice that we have technology so we can be part of each others' lives even though we live so far apart.

Teresa said...

Hi Meridith, I love your blog,hey send me your email address so we can keep in touch. Love, Aunt Teresa my email is tkpetersprudnetial@yahoo.com

Teresa said...

Oops, I typed my email address wrong it's tkpetersprudential@yahoo.com Sorry
Love,Aunt Teresa :)

Kelli Hobbs said...

Hi Meredith,

Thank you for sending me your blog address. You have such a neat family and I enjoyed reading about them. Your daughter looks so much like you. Kelli

Anonymous said...

Meridith, Love your blog, especially the music and pictures, but only because I already get Judd's email.

Judd

Judd
My handsome hubby

Mariah and Jayden playing with play-doh

Mariah and Jayden playing with play-doh
Hi, so this is our new house that we just moved into, back in May, and we have no toys unpacked and no TV to watch so we are playing playdoh today...

Meridith

Meridith
At the Tree of Life WaltDisneyWorld, FL